I still remember our dairy-free days like they were yesterday. Although I enjoy raw dairy now, there are some dairy-free recipes that I have grown to love. This yummy and high-fat raw nog is one of them. It’s a great way to start your day whether it’s the holiday season or not!
It is very simple to make, too. I find it tastes best with ingredients that are very fresh. Pin this recipe so you don’t lose it…you won’t regret it!
Dairy-Free Raw Nog (Serves 1)
1/4 cup almonds
1/2 fresh coconut
3 egg yolks
1/2 tsp vanilla
Other spices to taste
1. Soak almonds overnight in 1 cup water with a pinch of sea salt.
2. In the morning, rinse and blend with 1/2 cup of water. Strain with a fine-mesh strainer, cheese cloth or nut milk bag.
3. Cut up fresh coconut and blend with 1 cup water (add more if your blender requires it, but it will be creamier if you get away with using less water!). Strain with a fine mesh strainer, cheese cloth or nut milk bag.
4. Separate 3 eggs.
5. Mix 1/2 cup almond milk with 1/2 cup coconut milk. Stir in 3 egg yolks until mixed well.
6. Add 1/2 tsp vanilla and spices to taste. I love using some fresh grated nutmeg and a pinch of ginger! Other spices such as cinnamon, clove, cardamom, etc. would work great as well.
7. Add a little raw honey to taste and enjoy!
Let me know what you think of this recipe by leaving a comment below. I personally can’t get enough of it this time of year!