Sometimes finding simple, easy, quick and tasty recipes for a special diet can be difficult–especially when many recipes use replacement items that you can’t have. I understand. My son is on a limited diet and it took me a while to find a wide variety of yummy things he can eat without feeling deprived. We usually add a bunch of spices to ours, but the recipe below is very basic yet still very yummy.
These can be enjoyed on their own, in spaghetti sauce, salads or sandwiches, or as a deconstructed burger with all the fixings. My son absolutely loves them along with fresh tomato slices, avocado chunks, and naturally fermented pickles.
Basic Mini Meatballs (Serves 1-4)
1lb ground beef
1/2 tsp celtic grey salt
1/4 tsp ground white pepper
1tsp tallow, lard, ghee, etc.
1. In a mixing bowl, mix ground beef, salt, and pepper together well.
2. Shape the mini meatballs by taking small chunks and rolling them in the palm of your hand.
3. Heat skillet to 300o and add a tsp of tallow or other saturated fat to pot. Spread fat evenly.
5. Add half the mini meatballs (or more if they will fit comfortably in the skillet) and let them cook. Roll them around every now and then so they brown evenly. Once cooked, remove with a slotted spoon or a big fork.
6. Cook the remaining meatballs until browned evenly then remove.
7. Serve immediately and enjoy!
These may be frozen before cooking, or after allowing them to cool after cooking. They will make life easier!
Stay tuned for my personal favorite mini meatball recipe. What are your favorite spices to add? Let me know by leaving a comment!