Growing up in the country in Jamaica, we always started our day with some sort of herbal tea. Peppermint was always one of my favorites.
This post may contain affiliate links.
To this day, mint reminds me of the early morning excitement we used to have before going to primary school!
We also used this tea as an herbal remedy for things such as upset stomach/nausea.
While this recipe does not feature fresh mint, it does have fresh Granny Smith apples and it tastes absolutely wonderful. In fact, I’m off to make another batch right now!
No Bake Apple Mint Coconut Butter Bars Recipe
- 4 tbsp coconut butter heaping tablespoons
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp sweet raw honey
- 5-10 drops peppermint extract
- 5-10 drops almond extract
- 1 medium green apple grated
- Mix coconut butter, coconut oil, raw honey, peppermint and almond extracts together well.
- Grate medium Granny Smith apple and mix in well.
- Spread in a square baking dish or pie dish evenly and refrigerate for an hour or so.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
Also try these coconut love pumpkin pie bars and strawberry coconut butter bars.
Please don’t forget to pin this recipe!
Let me know if you enjoyed this recipe by leaving a comment below!
Coconut Love Pumpkin Pie Bars - Nourishing Time
Sunday 22nd of May 2022
[…] try these apple mint coconut butter bars and strawberry coconut butter […]
Kelly @ The Nourishing Home
Friday 7th of February 2014
How fun to find you over at MAM today. Your coconut hearts led me to check out your site too and what a surprise to find this little gem of a recipe too! YUM! So great to "meet" you! Blessings, Kelly
Sunday 23rd of February 2014
Awww, thank you :) Blessings to you as well!