Growing up in the country in Jamaica, we always started our day with some sort of herbal tea. Peppermint was always one of my favorites.
To this day, mint reminds me of the early morning excitement we used to have before going to primary school!
We also used this tea as an herbal remedy for things such as upset stomach/nausea.
While this recipe does not feature fresh mint, it does have fresh Granny Smith apples and it tastes absolutely wonderful. In fact, I’m off to make another batch right now!
No Bake Apple Mint Coconut Butter Bars Recipe
- 4 tbsp coconut butter heaping tablespoons
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp sweet raw honey
- 5-10 drops peppermint extract
- 5-10 drops almond extract
- 1 medium green apple grated
- Mix coconut butter, coconut oil, raw honey, peppermint and almond extracts together well.
- Grate medium Granny Smith apple and mix in well.
- Spread in a square baking dish or pie dish evenly and refrigerate for an hour or so.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
Please don’t forget to pin this recipe!