This post may contain affiliate links. It was last updated on August 2, 2019.
I still remember our dairy-free days like they were yesterday. Although I enjoy raw dairy now, there are some dairy-free recipes that I have grown to love. This yummy and high-fat dairy-free raw eggnog is one of them. It’s a great way to start your day whether it’s the holiday season or not!
It is very simple to make, too. I find it tastes best with ingredients that are very fresh. Pin this recipe so you don’t lose it…you won’t regret it!
Dairy-Free Raw EggNog Recipe
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut meat (from brown coconut)
- 1 cup water
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Spices to taste (ginger, cloves, cinnamon)
- Honey to taste
- Salt to soak almonds
- Additional water to soak almonds
- Soak almonds overnight in 1 cup water with a pinch of sea salt.
- In the morning, rinse and blend with 1/2 cup of water.Strain with a fine-mesh strainer, cheese cloth or nut milk bag.
- Strain with a fine-mesh strainer, cheese cloth or nut milk bag.
- Cut up fresh coconut and blend with 1/2 cup water (add more if your blender requires it, but it will be creamier if you get away with using less water!).
- Strain with a fine mesh strainer, cheese cloth or nut milk bag.
- Separate 3 eggs
- Mix 1/2 cup almond milk with 1/2 cup coconut milk. Stir in 3 egg yolks until mixed well.
- Add 1/2 tsp vanilla and spices to taste. I love using some fresh grated nutmeg and a pinch of ginger! Other spices such as cinnamon, clove, cardamom, etc. would work great as well.
- Stir in a little raw honey to taste and enjoy!
Try this dairy-free holiday dessert as well.