I love to ferment things. So when I saw some gorgeous white peaches, I had an idea. An idea for a sweetish treat that would make a beautiful jar of probiotic goodness. I bought the peaches. And what I made was fizzy and delicious.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Fermented Peach Papaya Chutney Recipe
Makes 1 Quart
- 3 large peaches
- 1/3 small papaya
- 1/3 cup goji berries
- 1/3 cup golden berries
- 1/3 cup almonds (preferably soaked & dehydrated)
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1/2 inch ginger (juiced, or 1/4 inch grated)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp active ginger bug (or prepared water kefir, or a few water kefir grains)
- Slice peaches thinly.
- Cut papaya into chunks.
- Chop the almonds roughly.
- Mix first 5 ingredients together, then pack into a 1L jar.
- Mix up the brine, then pour into jar. Add additional water to cover ingredients, if necessary. Gently mix to distribute brine evenly.
- Make sure food is still covered, then close jar and set to ferment for 12-24 hours. It will take longer the cooler the temperature is.
- Taste, should still be pretty sweet but should also be quite bubbly when ready. Move to fridge for storage.
Berries: Click here for the goji berries that I use. They are organic, non-GMO, and most importantly, sulfite-free. Click here for the golden berries, which are of great quality as well.