This post may contain affiliate links. It was last updated on
These flour-free mini meatballs are delicious and easy to make. They are great for those on the GAPS, Paleo, and Keto diets. But don’t be fooled, they are a wonderful treat for anyone not on a special diet as well!
Feature them at your next gathering for rave reviews. It pairs nicely with this baked eggplant recipe, and is somewhat reminiscent of lasagna. Yummm.
Sometimes finding simple, easy, quick and tasty recipes for a special diet can be difficult–especially when many recipes use replacement items that you can’t have. I understand. My son is on a limited diet and it took me a while to find a wide variety of yummy things he can eat without feeling deprived. We usually add a bunch of spices to ours. I’ll share my favorite spice combos soon.
The recipe below is very basic yet still very yummy. It doesn’t require flour, flour replacement, bread crumbs, eggs, starch or any other binder.
These can be enjoyed on their own, in spaghetti sauce, salads or sandwiches, or as a deconstructed burger with all the fixings.
My son absolutely loves them along with fresh tomato slices, avocado chunks, and naturally fermented pickles. You can also check out a great burger recipe by clicking here.
Basic Easy Mini Meatballs Without Flour Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp tallow, lard, ghee etc. (for sautéing/frying)
- In a mixing bowl, mix ground beef, salt, and pepper together well.
- Shape the mini meatballs by taking small chunks and rolling them in the palm of your hand.
- Heat skillet to 300o and add a tsp of tallow or other saturated fat to pot. Spread fat evenly.
- Add half the mini meatballs (or more if they will fit comfortably in the
skillet) and let them cook. Roll them around every now and then so they
brown evenly. Once cooked, remove with a slotted spoon or a big fork.
- Cook the remaining meatballs until browned evenly then remove.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!