This post may contain affiliate links. It was last updated on
Really good burgers are a must-have in life. I was a little hesitant about sharing this recipe, because maybe someday I’ll own a popular real-food burger joint. However, I decided it might be a little criminal not to share!
Feature these burger patties at your next party along with Jenna’s sous vide chicken wings for rave reviews!
Every single person who has been lucky enough to try this recipe has loved it, regardless of how they’ve used the patties. Some have had them on regular store-bought buns. If I have enough time, I make delicious sourdough buns.
I usually enjoy my burger patties as a “deconstructed burger,” part of what I call the best salad ever.
We’ve varied the toppings, from simple romaine, tomatoes and additional onions to fancy schmancy homemade guacamole, grass-fed cheddar, bacon, fermented pickles, homemade french fries on top or plantain chips on the side, etc.
These burger patties are very versatile, and did I mention how tasty they are yet? *big grin*
This recipe can be frozen before or after cooking to make life easier. It can also be cooked on the stove top. A cast iron grill pan works nicely for that, and works pretty well without additional oil. If additional oil is needed due to a lower fat beef or meat, tallow works very well.
This recipe is also very forgiving, and you can adjust spices to suit your taste buds. This is how we enjoy them most, and I do usually add a bit extra of everything other than salt since we Jamaicans LOVE LOVE LOVE lots of flavor!
SUPERFOOD TIP: Blend up a couple ounces of liver and mix in with your ground beef. It will give your burgers a more complex flavor and a considerable nutrient boost!
The Best Burgers You’ll Ever Have Recipe
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1.5 tsp salt (Buy Himalayan pink salt here)
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
- Leaves from 3 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 medium onion (minced finely)
- 2-4 garlic cloves (minced finely)
- A shake or two of pepper (optional – I like white and crushed red peppers)
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix well. I find it easiest to just mix with my hands.
- Form eight burger patties of equal size.
- “Fire up the barbie”, grill to perfection (about 4 minutes on each side) and enjoy! (Hint: Click here for grill scrapers that will make clean up a breeze!)
If you’re on the GAPS diet, you should definitely save this recipe. Print it out, or better yet, pin it so that you can come back to it over and over again. My son really enjoyed having these burgers in a salad, cut up in his broth, or even just served cut up with tomato and avocado slices.