What To Do With Bone Broth If You Can’t Stand The Taste
Bone broth is such a healthy addition to one’s diet that it’s worth it to find creative ways to enjoy it even if you don’t like to drink it straight.
Here are some of the ways I have found to include it in my family’s diet, as well as in friend’s kiddo’s diet who aren’t into real foods:
1. Macaroni & Cheese – This is not something we eat, but I proved to a friend of mine that cooking noodles in bone broth doesn’t change the taste much and will help her get it into her daughter. It worked!
2. Sourdough bread – Replacing the water in the recipe with bone broth is a great way to hide it in something that is very easy to eat. You can also add in different herb…then toast and top with butter, yummmm!
3. Soups and stews – Use bone broth instead of some or even all the water or store-bought broth to improve flavor and nutrition of your meals.
4. Gravies – Boiling down the broth with onions and garlic makes a nice sauce that can be used to top rice, squash and mashed potatoes.
5. Use It When Liquid Is Running Low – I’ve used it in pasta sauce and casseroles.
6. Use It To Cook Veggies.
Do you have other ways you use bone broth that you would add to this? If so, let me know in the comments!