I am excited to share this recipe with you all, and just in time for Thanksgiving! These make a great dessert bar for those who are on special diets such as GAPS, SCD, Paleo, GFCFSF, etc. They are also egg and nut free. They are very easy to mix up because they require no heat! And they are very easy to customize so they can be sweeter or less “cakey.” I love them as-is. My mom prefers hers less cake-like.
Coconut Love Pumpkin Pie Bars Recipe
1 Cup Pumpkin Puree (approximately 8oz, or 1/2 of a 15oz can)
1 Cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
2 heaping tablespoons sweet raw honey
4 heaping tablespoons coconut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1. In a bowl, put 1 cup pumpkin puree.
2. Add the honey, coconut butter, and vanilla, and mix well.
3. Add 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice and taste. If it doesn’t taste the way you desire it to, add more honey and pumpkin pie spice slowly until it does.
4. The coconut butter/oil controls how hard these bars will be, right now it will be hard enough to cut formed bars, but the texture will be cakey. Add more coconut butter if you think you’ll need it, or wait until your next batch…you will want more!
5. Add the shredded coconut flakes and mix very well. Press into a square pan or pie dish and refrigerate for a couple hours.
6. Cut into bars and enjoy! Don’t forget to let me know what you think of these, especially if you made any great modifications!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.